Sunday, April 18, 2010

BATMAN (CONTINUED)... YO... DOPE

BATMAN

Batman Begins uses Chigaco and New York for its framework when crafting the architecture and the building schemes in the set for Gotham city.
The city of Chicago is the set for the film, but long ariel shots include other cities and New York is used.
Also, Bruce Wayne leaves the city for quite some time so we get a dance of Eastern architecture and the culture that goes along with it.

New York is referred to as "the Gotham City" but in Nolan's film he uses the old architecture of Chicago to portray what I think looks like an old New York or atleast a 50s or 60s New York. I don't know I was not alive. But I have seen pics and movies with that city featured.






I love Batman and the original is a favorite film of mine.
In my parents home my old room which is now the entertainment room is still
a entire wall mural of merely the Batman symbol.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers